General Contest Rules
The following is a list of basic contest rules for the Okotoks Ford Lincoln $10,000.00 Test Drive Contest (the "Contest"). These rules and regulations are subject to change without notice. The Contest will run from May 1, 2017 (the "Contest start date") at 9:00 AM Mountain Time to May 31, 2017 (the "Contest closing date") at 9:00 PM Mountain Time (the "Contest Period").
1. Contest is open to all residents of Canada (except residents of Quebec) who have a valid unencumbered driver's licence in good standing and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees of, immediate families of, and those residing with an employee of Wood Automotive Group, its dealerships and holdings, parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries, are not eligible to enter this Contest.
2. No purchase necessary to enter the Contest. There are three ways to enter the Contest during the Contest Period:
(a) any eligible individual who takes an authorized test drive using a Okotoks Ford Lincoln new or pre-owned vehicle during the Contest Period and fills out a contest entry form will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. An authorized Okotoks Ford Lincoln representative must accompany the test drive.
(b) any eligible individual who purchases or leases a new or pre-owned vehicle from Okotoks Ford Lincoln during the Contest Period shall receive twenty (20) entries into the Contest.
(c) any eligible individual who purchases or leases a new or pre-owned vehicle from Okotoks Ford Lincoln during the Contest Period and during a scheduled by invitation only sale event (the "Private Sale") receives forty (40) entries into the Contest.
Prize and Draw
3. There is One (1) $10,000.00 prize (the "Prize") that will be awarded to an eligible contest participant for the May 1 to May 31, 2017 contest period.
4. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the total number of valid entries received during the Contest Period.
5. A random draw will be held at 1 :00 PM Mountain Time on the first working day of the month following the contest period, at Okotoks Ford Lincoln, 4 Westland Rd, Okotoks, Alberta T1S 1N1 (the "Draw").
6. A potential winner will be selected from all valid entries received up to May 31, 2017. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the total number of valid entries received at the time of the Draw.
7. A maximum of one (1) Prize per family/household shall be permitted during the Contest Period.
8. To be declared a winner and claim the Prize, the entrant selected for the Prize must:
(a) Be reached by telephone or email by Okotoks Ford Lincoln within thirty (30) days of the Draw;
(b) Correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question that will be asked by Okotoks Ford Lincoln over the telephone at a mutually convenient time without help of any nature; and
(c) Be eligible according to the Contest Rules and once the skill-testing question has been correctly answered, sign a Declaration and Release form that will be sent by mail, or email and return it, duly completed to Okotoks Ford Lincoln within five (5) business days of its receipt. The Declaration and Release requires a potential winner to confirm, except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, agreement to be bound by the Contest Rules, eligibility to participate in this Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules and to release Okotoks Ford Lincoln, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, dealers, its advertising and promotional agencies related to this Contest, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, successors and assigns from any liability and damages which could arise out of or are in any way related to the Contest and from the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the Prize.
(d) If a selected participant (i) cannot be reached by telephone within thirty (30) business days of the Draw date; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question (see rule 8.b ); or (iii) fails to return the properly executed Declaration and Release form within the specified time (see rule 8.c), then he/she will be disqualified and Okotoks Ford Lincoln reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Okotoks Ford Lincoln will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected participant.
9. Failure to comply with any of the above conditions or otherwise with the Contest Rules, will result in the disqualification of the selected entrant. In this event, a new random draw from the remaining valid entries received will be performed to award the Prize and the entrant selected must be able to be reached by phone within 48 hours of the new draw, failing which another draw will be held within a subsequent equal timeframe up until such a time as an official winner is declared. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the winners must be declared no later than June 30, 2017 otherwise the Prize will be void. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest or for any reason, there are more potential winners of the Prize than contemplated in the Contest Rules Okotoks Ford Lincoln may, at its sole discretion, conduct a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest closing date to award the Grand Prize or may terminate or amend the Contest in whole or in part without notification to Contest participants.
10. Unclaimed Prizes will be forfeited.
11. Upon receipt of the Declaration and Release form, Okotoks Ford Lincoln will notify the Prize winner of the manner in which he/she will have to take possession of the Prize. Okotoks Ford Lincoln reserves the right to determine how the presentation of the Prize will occur and this may be either a media event, by mail, or in person.
12. The $10,000 prize, must be accepted as awarded with no changes or substitutions and picked up within thirty (30) days of the Draw. Okotoks Ford Lincoln reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize as awarded with a prize of equivalent or greater value for any reason.
13. Any applicable taxes and gratuities as a result of winning a Prize are the responsibility of the winner.
14. Proper identification is required prior to receiving prize (valid driver's license, passport, or other photo ID).
15. By entering the contest, entrants are giving Okotoks Ford Lincoln consent to publicize and/or broadcast his/her name, character, likeness, or voice in the media and on digital and social media platforms, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by or on behalf of Okotoks Ford Lincoln. Winners will also be disclosed/announced via website.
16. Okotoks Ford Lincoln shall not be responsible or liable in any way in regards to the Prize, or any aspect of the Prize, not being available, due to circumstances beyond its control.
17. Okotoks Ford Lincoln shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages, or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, including, but not limited to, participating in an authorized test drive.
18. Okotoks Ford Lincoln, its advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective employees, agents and representatives may not be held liable for, (i) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, fraudulent, or illegible entries (all of which shall be automatically void and not eligible for the Prize); (ii) failure to receive entries due to transmission failures, busy signals, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or technical failures of any kind, including without limitation, malfunctioning of any network servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest and breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers". Okotoks Ford Lincoln reserves the right to void any entry and/or cancel or modify the Contest in whole or in part (without notice to entrants individually) in its sole discretion. Any person entering this Contest or trying to do so by any means which go against the intention of these Contest Rules and which would be unfair to the other participants will be automatically disqualified and Okotoks Ford Lincoln reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law - including criminal prosecution.
19. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Alberta.
20. By entering this contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Contest Rules and the decisions of Okotoks Ford Lincoln, which are final, binding and conclusive on all matters relative to this Contest. The Contest Rules are subject to change without prior notice and at Okotoks Ford Lincoln's sole discretion.